See the article for the list of large items that can and cannot be collected.
People in Spruce Grove have the opportunity to get rid of some larger items starting on Monday, June 10.
The Large Item Pickup gives you a chance to put a maximum of three large items out for curbside pickup. Items must be left at the front of your house by 7:00 a.m. on your normal pickup day, even if your waste is normally picked up in an alley.
Items that will be collected:
- Household furniture, mattresses and box springs
- Stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces and hot water tanks
- Sinks and toilets
- Snow blowers and lawn mowers (all fluids must be drained)
- Bicycles, hockey and basketball nets. These items must be marked with a note indicating the item is intended for Large Item Pickup.
- Wheelbarrows, rain barrels, lawn furniture and barbecues (no tanks). These items must be marked with a note indicating the item is intended for Large Item Pickup.
Items that will NOT be collected:
- Household renovation, construction and demolition material
- Additional household waste and organics
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to paint, motor oil, batteries, fuels, and propane tanks/bottles
- Fridges, freezers, and air conditioners
- Railroad ties, snowmobiles, ATVs, vehicle parts, tires, and engines
- Assembled swing sets
- Electronics, including TVs, stereos, desktop printers and computers (monitors, towers, keyboards, speakers and mice)
- Items larger than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres by 0.9 metres)
- Items weighing more than 200 pounds
The City notes that collection will be performed by different trucks than your regular waste collection.