Apartment Fire in Spruce Grove

An apartment fire occurred in the early morning hours of December 29th.

In the early morning of December 29th, fire crews were dispatched to 1 Spruce Ridge Drive in Spruce Grove after fire alarms were activated.

Crew arrived at 3:13 a.m. and located the fire in the apartment on the second floor. Additional resources were requested while the fire was deemed under control at 3:27 a.m.

Occupants in the apartment were evacuated due to the fire hazard and had to remain outside of their suites due to the large volumes of smoke in the common areas. The apartment building is part of a two building complex but the property management office was in the unaffected building. Due to the extreme cold residents were allowed to stay in the lobby of the first floor in both buildings.

Due to the fire and water damage, two suites are uninhabitable at this time while the other suites we re-opened at 5 a.m.

One resident was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries while no other injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire was determined to be candles left unattended. This has prompted the Spruce Grove Fire Services reminds people to never leave candles unattended as the flames can spread quickly.

-MU

More from Local News

Social Networks

Recently Played Songs

The One For All Club

Join the exclusive VIP club today!